5 February 2017

It's not my aesthetic

My mum said she didn't know what to get me for christmas- it's probably because, lately, I've been a bit picky. It's just, I'd like for all my things to match, for all my clothes to be exactly my style and all everything in my room to be the same colour scheme- and I've been trying really hard to weed out my stuff that clashes with the overall image I'm going for.



It's terribly exhausting and it's beginning to make me feel constantly stressed. It kind of reminds me of the period when I became obsessed with clean eating, and then eating made me anxious... My plan of attack? I think I'll start treating stuff the same way I did as a kid- if I like it on any level, that's great, I'll keep it! If not, that's when I should let it go.. and perhaps that will lead to the evolution of an entirely new aesthetic after all...

While I love seeing people's wonderfully aesthetic rooms on youtube, it's impossible (for me anyway) to actually exist in a world controlled by themes and a colour palette- it's another impractical concept I just need to let go.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment