2 April 2017

How to be privileged

Because I'm living in a More Economical Developed Country, I have lots of opportunities- I can go to uni, I can get a job, I can travel, one day I can buy somewhere to live, I have food, I can be a consumer- nearly everything I do is a choice.

Occasionally, I think me, and all my privileged comrades, need a reminder that the most amazing gift that our privilege gives us is choice.

Yes, some people don't have access to education, but wasting your time doing a degree you're not interested in doesn't help them any more than finishing your dinner helps starving children.



You have choices, and (so long as you're not hurting others) choosing to choose to make yourself happy is probably the best choice us privileged can choose.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment