23 September 2015

My Art

A couple of weeks ago I finished my major art project for the school term just past. The unit was deconstructed fashion and I made a very heavy deer head shaped mask. (As it turns out, when you grout a whole crate of broken china to something, it weighs about the same as a whole crate of broken china...) I'm very proud of the mask and also of these photographs  took of it with my sister. The artwork explores the concept of "breaking down stereotypes that obscure identity" and I was inspired by Cindy Sherman (who is one of my favourite artists ever and definitely worth a look).







Anyway, this work took so many weekends of smashing, grouting and gluing so I suppose this is a little insight into what I was doing during my absence from blogging!

I hope you all have a wonderful week (I'm on school holidays so my week will definitely be fabulous).

xx

5 comments:

  1. That looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beyond cool! I love it. I can't believe you just made something like that. I can't even imagine. You should display it around your house! Just rad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, that's amazing! It's such a cool idea, and your photos are gorgeous ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is beautiful!

    I love where you drew your inspiration from. If only I could be half as talented as you, I'd be very happy!

    ReplyDelete