31 January 2016

Pear Shaped

A couple of months ago I got a very weird email from a company that wanted me to promote their sheets on my blog. Apart from the fact that I don't live in American and it was not time for me to write a "cozy fall essentials" post, I'm not a lifestyle blogger! This really was a great big wake up call- obviously my blog wasn't really reflecting my interests if people thought I might want to sell bed linen! Anyway I've decided to try and post more about ART. My art, my friend's art, my favourite artists- because that's what I really care about and I want to connect with other people (and perhaps even brands) who care about it too.

On with the post. Anyway the end of the year, all the grade 12 at my school have an art exhibition and we each have to make ELEVEN works. Which actually is quite a lot, especially when I've spent about a month's worth of hours on one painting so far.



I still have a long way to go. I want to add little skeletons in each of the pears and roses all over the place, but I'm really happy with it so far- especially the colours, they just make me feel happy.



I was totally inspired to make something with skeletons, which is a little darker in comparison to my 'rainbows and donuts' style drawings, by this TED talk, so if you've got a spare 20 minutes and want to feel like you as an artist (whatever type of artist you might be) have a grand purpose in human evolution, go and give it a listen.

I hope you all have a wonderful week *^.^*


3 comments:

  1. Those are really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love, these are gorgeous. I love that first one, your art style is so unique!

    Promoting sheets? That's a very interesting offer xD

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your artwork is amazing! It's so touching, and so unique ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete