21 February 2016

Just some drawings

Since I turned 17, I've had a little epiphany. For ages I was constantly trying to stay on top of know things about culture, about how to make art, about how human psychology works- then I realised that this was way too much work (and it's kinda standoffish). No one is expected to know everything. I used to think that "accepting that one doesn't know anything" was some sort of crazy challenge like that means there's heaps to learn so I better get to it and pick up on stuff really quickly and prove the world is bellow the genius powers of my mind *evil laugh*. I've just now come to terms with the fact that it's actually just about being open to appreciating the world around me- that I know a lot about some things and very littler about others, which is ok. It's impossible not to be ignorant but as long as I'm aware of this, I can appreciate what others have to offer. After thinking all this I felt very content and went to work on what I love- drawing! SO without further ado- here's some little pictures from this week.




In light of being open to learning from other people I thought I'd quickly mention some interesting things I've been a bit obsessed with recently. First off, I love Helena (@plantimal)'s instagram at the moment- her spontaneous and thoughtful drawings and her fashion aesthetic that's all about op shopping and wearing things because they make you happy is all simply wonderful. Speaking of artists, I was flicking through an art history book and I found paintings by Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres. He was a painter during the 1800s and his skin tones are just so beautifully smooth, I adore his portraits. Lastly, Virginia Mori's illustrations are just really creative and draw surprising and quirky connections between people and their environment.

I'll be back when I have the chance- until then I hope you feel open to inspiration because no matter what an examination might say, not knowing actually isn't a sin.

xx

3 comments:

  1. Donut and strawberry inspired?

    hottowncoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your artwork is so inspiring! It all seems so magical ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/03/2016

    These drawings are super adorable! <3
    You are beautifully talented.

    ReplyDelete